According to Blue Corona, approximately 73 percent of organizations are investing in design in order to set their brands apart from others in the market. Similarly, Social Media Today found out in one of its surveys that 94 percent of people identified poor design as the primary reason why they don’t trust certain websites. Therefore, a well-designed website does not only help create an impact among the audience, but it facilitates your business in establishing brand credibility as well.
Are you unsure how to ensure a visually appealing website design? Don’t worry, we have got you covered!
Whether you are upgrading an existing website or planning to design a new website, we have listed down the top 6, tried and tested, design tips to help make your website visually appealing and attractive for your intended audience.
Design Tip #1 Use Bright Colors
According to the findings of past studies, the color perceptions of prospects drive 90 percent of instant purchase decisions. Besides this, another study carried out by the University of Loyola revealed that the use of different colors increases the audience’s brand recognition by almost 80 percent.
Altogether, the above-mentioned findings clearly mean that it is crucial to choose the most attractive color scheme for your website that makes it striking and memorable for your target audience.
Apart from this, a plain, boring website would just turn your visitors away, therefore if you want to achieve your desired goals, it is a must to ensure that your website is filled with bright colors that go with your branding.
Still not sure how to choose the most suitable colors for your website? Then, here is what you need to know:
- The color scheme of your website should reflect what you are selling to your audience. For example, if you are selling a high-end product, then purple would be the perfect choice as it symbolizes luxury.
- The primary color on your website should match or complement your existing branding collaterals.
- While choosing secondary colors for your website, limit yourself to one or two. This is because too many colors might cause clutter and distract the audience.
Design Tip #2 Unlock the Power of Visual Marketing
If you are a marketer, you would know that using relevant visuals on the website helps in attracting your intended audience. Apart from this, compelling visuals, such as images, videos, and gifs, help convey your brand messages well, thereby strengthening your branding and improving your brand image.
Besides this, the most common thing in top-notch online shopping websites is the use of effective visuals.
Is your website unable to retain the visitor’s attention for a longer period of time? Then, you need to incorporate the right set of visuals in your website design.
Wondering how to go about it? We have listed down a few, expert visual marketing tips to help you take your website design game to the next level:
- Use infographics for showcasing your product’s unique selling propositions.
- Leverage videos as they help attract your audience, and communicate the message effectively at the same time.
- Experiment with enticing slide shares for social media platforms.
- Use product screenshots to help explain product functioning to your customers.
- Avoid using any blur images as they might deteriorate your brand image.
- Use CTA (call-to-action) buttons where necessary.
- Use pictures of people as they are a source of powerful imagery.
Design Tip #3 Use a Professional Logo
A logo is one of the most crucial visual marketing elements that your website needs. Do you know why? This is because a compelling logo design helps your target audience memorize your brand and its offerings. Apart from this, your logo conveys your brand values and culture; thereby, you should get it designed professionally.
Not sure how to get an effective logo designed for your company? Here are a few expert tips and tricks for your help:
- Your logo should define what your business stands for.
- You can take help from some of the best design inspirations available on the internet.
- Your logo colors should be in sync with your branding color theme.
- Get it designed by professional logo designers, such as Logo Design Valley to create a unique yet memorable logo for your business website.
Design Tip #4 Add Social Share Buttons to Your Website
According to past researches, people used social sharing buttons 5 times more compared to forward-to-a-friend. Similarly, when you land on a website, you might have noticed social media share buttons placed on the top or right side. Do you know why?
This is because social media marketing has proved to be a major contributor in strengthening brand image. And, social share buttons help your audience in sharing your website content, such as blog posts, infographics, etc., on their social media networks, thereby amplifying reach and enhancing brand identity.
However, to make your website look visually appealing with the social share buttons placed, here are a few best practices for you.
- The social share buttons should be prominent enough to catch visitor’s attention.
- It is best to customize them so that they look unique and grab attention.
- Avoid filling your website with every possible social media button. Limit yourself to 3-4.
Design Tip #5 Say Bye to Clutter
Nobody likes visiting websites that are filled with text and every kind of image. Therefore, you should ensure that your website design is clutter-free, and there is an ample amount of white space that helps the audience breathe.
Is your website over-filled with content? Let us help you minimize the clutter for restoring the visual appeal of your website. Here are a few tips for your help:
- Check your website regularly, and get rid of the unnecessary items that fail to engage your audience.
- Leverage the power of negative space as it helps you in drawing the audience’s attention to the items that matter the most.
- Don’t put too many offers on one webpage as they might distract the prospects.
Design Tip #6 Optimize Typography
Just like using the right set of visuals, optimizing typography is an equally important element of a good website design. Besides this, you can enhance the effectiveness of heading and subheadings by giving them the right look.
Wondering how to optimize your website’s typography? Here’s what you need to know:
- Don’t use too many font types as they cause distraction.
- Limit the length of each line to ensure readability, and the good look and feel of the overall website.
- Go for a type face that suits various sizes.
- The font of your choice should have distinguishable letters to ensure readability.
- Don’t use all caps as they reduce the speed of scanning.
- Ensure sufficient spacing between two lines.
The Bottom Line
If you want to make your website visually appealing, the key is to analyze it from your customer’s perspective. You should look for answers to questions, such as which colors are pleasing to the eye and which are not.
Once you have analyzed the different website design aspects from your target audience’s eyes, then you should try the above-mentioned tips, and find out what works for your business.
Erica Silva is a blogger who loves to discover and explore the world around her. She writes on everything from marketing to technology. She enjoys sharing her discoveries and experiences with readers and believes her blogs can make the world a better place.
Find her on Twitter: @ericadsilva1
The editorial team at CMS Beginners is a group of industry-leading freelancers and online entrepreneurs. Their main aim is to educate people about online earning and empower youth.